Tuesday, May 14, 2019

on the outside looking in

I recently went to a recital event with my family. at the end of the event someone started talking about: how our group pulls together; how loving our group is; how wonderful the people are; how we're building a community. The lady speaking is genuine, kind and lovely. instead of feeling a "part of" I began to feel "apart from." I sat there and looked around. I truly believe that if these in this room full of 250 people maybe one of them, one specific child would search me out beside my own child of course. I'm not sure why I'm not a part of this group. I've tried to give. I've tried to receive. I've been as gracious as I could be. I've been kind. Yet I'm still way on the outside. We see other families join and instantly be taken in. We've been coming on & off for 8 or 9 years.

No comments: