Sunday, April 14, 2024

You Can't Win if You Don't Play!

I sat with My Lady during the whole meal. I even brought all her plates and checking all her garbage. During the meal she wasn't eating the Reuben. Oh No, I did leave her to walk across the dining room to get bread to make her a PB & J. I asked to see her teeth and the bottom dentures were gone!

I hurried across the dining room and asked Christine of the dining staff  call down and ask if they could pull our dining room garbage aside. Hopefully, they weren't compacting it yet. I had already learned that they run the compactor twice a day every day. I ran down to the kitchen. 

The bag had been pulled aside. I told the people in the kitchen what I was doing thanked them and asked if I could have some gloves. I put two gloves on each hand. One of the servers from our floor, Stephen was there and he took me out of the kitchen to the dumpster and the big black bag. 

Stephen and I went through the whole bag. No luck. I was determined so I went through the bag again. No luck. 

At this point, it was about 1pm, I was sitting on the ground behind the building, digging through a big black garbage bag. I stopped and thanked Stephen again for continuing to hold the bag open and told him I was going to try one more time. 

I moved everything to one side and went through everything, Styrofoam containers, cups, treat bags, paper towels, paper napkins, and food. I went through all of it as thoroughly as I could. At the very bottom, there was one last glob of garbage. I felt it. I squished it through my fingers and could see something that might be "U" shaped. I had to wipe off cake and layers of wet paper but there it was. 

I played Dumpster Diving for Dentures and I won!

Stephen said that might be the most popular game show that no one wants to be on.


No comments: