Saturday, July 14, 2007

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (released November 16, 2001)

Most people either love or hate Harry Potter. We love it. We are re-watching the whole series before we go see the latest movie (5)

My next comment about this one could really be about the movie or the book. I have to wonder why none of the adults don't grab Harry and really take him under his wings. He comes to Hogwarts at only 11 and most of the adults know how horrid the Dursleys are and yet everyone stands back and watches him struggle. Harry really needs a Big Brother.

I was very happy about the conversion from fantasy book to special effects movie. The only scene in the book that was not in the movie that I had really hoped to see was the death day party. I suppose it was so much special effect that it would have just looked like a cartoon.

No comments: