Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Romantic Husband

Family, Life on Life's Terms, Morals, Values, Romance, Romantic Husband, New Years Eve
For New Years Eve, I tried to have a romantic dinner. I went to a friends house and got dressed in my best dress that fits. She helped me straighten my newly cut and colored hair (by another friend). Her daughter helped me by putting on "smokey eyes" makeup. I even borrowed some wonderful perfume.  I planned a lovely dinner of steak, potato and salad with sparkling apple cider for the 4 of us (my darling husband and my 2 children). As I arrived home all the little girls four 5 and 6 year old girls come running to my car to tell me how pretty I look and how I smell nice. It was nice to be treated like a superstar. I bet this is how Dora the Explorer feels.
Family, Life on Life's Terms, Morals, Values, Romance, Romantic Husband, New Years Eve
My friend that helped me get dressed asked me what my husband said about my dress-up for New Years Eve. Initially, my husband said nothing. As far as I can tell he doesn't even look at me. So I asked him how I looked and he said I looked "cute." Not exactly the look I was going for but it does explain why I am only attractive to 6 year old girls.

My friend then suggested that my husband wasn't romantic. See that's the funny thing, my husband is romantic. He is very romantic.

We met in August of 1987 and started dating soon after. We married in December of 1994. My darling husband is romantic. He is kind and thoughtful. He is generous and loving. In all those years, he has never forgotten an opportunity to give me a gift. He has even given me presents for HIS birthday. He has written me love letters. He has brought me flowers. He records TV shows that he thinks I'll like. He saves magazine articles for me to read. He sends me emails and texts each day offering information and words of support. Although he does tell me frequently that he loves me, he rarely comments on my appearance.

So is my husband romantic? Absolutely. Now for me, am I a romantic? That's another story for another day.

1 comment:

turbogrammy said...

Yes he is.
Not at all like the time i made dinner dressed up lit candles and Tom came in and said what happened is the power out ?