Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Secular Co-op Road Trip

H.O.P. Home School Co-op
Total we spend the day at a Home School Co-op. That's what its called. It isn't anything like how I pictured school co-operatives 13 years ago when I first read about them. I pictured 4 families getting together. Three parents would stay and one parent would have that time off or something like that. In the area that I live, there are many home school co-ops. Most are based on common religions. Those families keep their children out of the school system to reinforce their beliefs. We are secular home educators. I drive all over the place. Every other Tuesday I drive an hour for Camp Fire USA. Then twice more I drive an hour to two different secular co-ops.

Wish You Were Here!
With all that driving you would think that I would be tired of driving but I have found myself lately day-dreaming of my next road trip. I have to admit I was going to try to sneak in a trip to the snow this winter. Apparently there will be no winter so that may have to wait. My daughter wants to go camping again in the Florida Keys. We went early last summer. I really wish I had sent a post card that said "Drove through the night Thursday night with the kids fighting the whole way. Friday morning, it was so hot that I thought I was going to pass out as I set up the tent. Friday night, the seam in our air mattress broke and quickly left us sleeping on the ground. Saturday morning, I got stung by a wasp on my leg. Saturday afternoon I brushed my back and arms against Fire Coral as I was snorkeling. Then Sunday morning it started to rain as we were packing.
Having a great time wish you were here."

No comments: